The Pension Fund’s IT Manager, Mrs. Nane William, became SPF’s first female staff member to be awarded the prize of Employee of the Year in a short ceremony held last week.
The award – in which all SPF staff members are invited to cast their vote – has been held for the past three years. Staff members are asked to consider a comprehensive set of criteria when selecting their Employee of the Year, including:
• Being productive and efficient in carrying out their responsibilities, as well as being considered as an asset to their section and the organisation by their peers;
• Demonstrating enthusiasm, innovation and going over and above what is required of them in fulfilling their duties;
• Having a good working relationship with customers and colleagues, as well as being a positive role model for others;
• Showing a willingness to embrace teamwork, either within or outside of their assigned team, and
• A track record of regular participation in activities organised by SPF.
Having joined SPF in October 2004 as System Support Manager, Mrs. William has also occupied the positions of Assistant IT Manager and Deputy IT Manager, before being appointed as IT Manager in January 2020. Her peers have described Mrs. William as a pro-active, amicable and hardworking colleague, who is also an adept multi-tasker, is devoted to her work and is always willing to go the extra mile to help others. Mrs. William was also described as a “very talented and promising staff member” who has overcome challenges and embraced opportunities in order to be seen as an undoubted staff success story at SPF.
Mrs. William was presented with a series of prizes, including one return ticket to Mauritius (presented by SPF’s Chief Benefit Administrator, Mr. Jeffrey Moses), a cash prize of SCR 5000.00 (presented by SPF’s Financial Controller, Mrs. Menatie Verghese) and a Hamper (presented by SPF’s Chief Executive Officer, Mrs. Lekha Nair).
Previous winners of SPF’s Employee of the Year Award include Mr. Andre Victor in 2018 and Mr. Jeffrey Fanchette in 2019.
Scroll below to see more photos from last week’s ceremony:
More Stories on our Website:
- Click here to learn more about our participation in the Paradise FM Awards;
- Click here to learn more about our Senior Processing Officer, Mrs. Murielle Confiance, in this week’s staff profile;
- Click here to read more about our Retirement, Incapacity, Children’s and Surviving Spouse Pensions;
- Click here to read more about how we are governed and regulated.